Ice Cube Painting
Materials: ice cube trays; food coloring; water; popsicle sticks; paper and coffee filters (optional)
1. Mix Concentrated solutions of water and food color in a measuring cup.
2. Fill each cube of an ice cube tray with one of the colored waters.
3. Insert a popsicle stick into each cube to make the cubes easier to handle after freezing.
4. Freeze ice cube trays 24 hours.
5. When ready to paint, spread paper on table.
6. Pop out frozen colored cubes and let children paint on paper with the ice cubes.
7. For something different, paint on coffee filters or other textured paper and see what happens.
Very nice. Can't wait to try this at home.
~ Parents: What craft projects do your tots enjoy? ~